OFS Formation Newsletter October 2014 (PDF)
OFS Formation Newsletter June 2013 (PDF)
National Formation Objectives
In the formation of both novices and professed members, the following objectives are to be used as a guide. The Secular Franciscan will:
- be familiar with the life and spirituality of St. Francis and St. Clare and the Franciscan Family.
- know and understand the rule so that it becomes a guide for the Franciscan way of life.
- understand what it means to be committed to this way of life and the necessity of ongoing conversion.
- become an active member of the Secular Franciscan Order.
- develop a spirit of fraternity by getting to know the other members, have mutual love and respect for each of them and be committed to the care and service of each.
- be introduced to using the Word of God as a basis for prayer.
- foster an interior life which accords itself with the Franciscan call.
- carry out the Franciscan mission in the world by engaging in activities which promote justice, creation and the poor.
- integrate into his/her spiritual life the secular dimensions of the Franciscan calling, particularly in regards to the family and to work.
- become an active member of the Church community.